Become a Sponsor
The Kensington Day of the Book Festival is created by the community for the community!
2019 Sponsorship Levels & 2019 Sponsorship Form (coming soon!)
Sunday, April 28, 2019 will mark the 14th annual Kensington street festival celebrating the International Day of the Book. Last year, more than 8,000 visitors and over 120 authors and other participants from across the DC area came out to enjoy a day of live music, literary readings, children’s programs, cookbook demos, community networking, and much more.
The Kensington Day of the Book Festival is a great opportunity to gain visibility on a day that celebrates our community and recognizes those who bring us the magic of books. Community support of this not-for-profit festival has made it one of the most popular literary events in the DC area, noted by the Washington Post, Bethesda Magazine, Montgomery Magazine, and others, and declared as one of the top ten Day of the Book celebrations in the world outside of Catalonia, it’s place of origin. (See the website for a history of this special event)
How will you benefit as a sponsor of the Kensington Day of the Book? Depending on the sponsorship level, here are some highlights:
- Your organization or company name will appear on the festival website.
- Your material will be included in 500 tote bags distributed free at the festival.
- We will display your organization or company’s logo on posters throughout the festival.
- We will display your informational brochure or business card at the welcome table.
- Announcers at the various tents will publicly thank your company or organization as a sponsor of the KDOB.
- Major sponsors ($1000+) will have their logo displayed at the speaker tent and on all festival sponsor posters.
What will your sponsorship pay for? Here are a few of our major costs:
- Large tents for guest speakers and performances.
- Tables and chairs in our outdoor food court
- Guest speakers, performers, and entertainers.
- Crossing guards and porta-potties
- Design and printing of publicity materials.
- Website costs
- Banners and signage
We hope you will join us in making the Kensington Day of the Book Festival a huge success for visitors coming to celebrate the talent of our local authors and the warmth of community, and to enjoy a wonderful day with their friends and family.
Thank you! Elisenda and the Festival Team
Questions? email@example.com 301-949-9416