15th Annual Kensington Day of the Book Festival * Sunday, April 26, 2020
A not for profit literary festival created by the community for the community
Click here for –> 2020 Participant Registration Form
If you would like us to mail a form via USPS please send your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-949-9416
INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
DESCRIPTION: The Kensington Day of the Book Festival is an outdoor street festival held rain or shine. Howard Ave and parts of Armory Ave and Fawcett St in the Town of Kensington, MD, are closed and participants are set up on the street under canopies in a “meet and greet” format. Interspersed with the participants are program tents, live music, food court, and other festival highlights. In the past few years the festival has drawn 6000-8000 visitors.
PARTICIPANT GENERAL INFORMATION AND LEGAL STUFF – PLEASE READ
- Payment must be received before registration is accepted.
- Participation is open to authors, book artists and illustrators, publishers, and literary/arts related businesses and organizations. All others please refer to our Sponsor information.
- Registration deadline is March 17, 2020.
- Registration fee is non-refundable after March 17, 2020, unless the festival is cancelled by the organizers or the Town of Kensington. The festival is held rain or shine.
- Participants can bring their own 10 x 10 folding canopy (with weights). If not, they will be placed under a large canopy with other participants where individual spaces are approx 5 feet wide at the front, by 10 feet deep. Please note differing fees.
- Participants can bring their own folding table and chairs (maximum table width is 4 feet unless you are bringing your own canopy) or one table and two chairs are available to rent for an additional $20 (limited number available).
- The festival begins at 11am and ends at 4pm. Participants must be set up by 11am and stay until 4pm.
- Information on set-up, parking, facilities, etc will be sent to all participants around two weeks before the festival.
- Participants are responsible for selling their own books, art, or items and are required by the State of Maryland to collect and file the appropriate 6% sales tax. Please note as this has changed from previous years: You do not need to apply for a Maryland Tax ID number if you do not already have one. The state now requires the festival to submit names and email addresses of all vendors and they will email you the form.
- Festival Organizers and Town of Kensington officials reserve the right to remove, relocate, or dismiss any set-up, display, or participant they decide is unsafe, unacceptable, or inappropriate. Kensington Day of the Book Festival is a family oriented event and we also reserve the right to decline applications by participants based on the nature of books or materials presented (including but not limited to x-rated visuals, inflammatory or provocative, etc.) to be decided at the discretion of the organizers.
- No dogs or pets will be permitted unless they are service pets or seeing eye dogs. If you intend to bring a service pet or seeing eye dog, please provide credentialing information with your application
- No food or drinks may be sold by any vendor or participant other than pre-approved food vendors.
AUTHOR, illustrator/book artist
- Shared tent space 5 feet wide – $65 (this does not include a table, see below to rent one)
- 10 foot bring-your-own-canopy space – $85 (this does not include canopy or table , unless by previous arrangement)
- VENDOR (Publisher, literary/arts related business, organization): $100
- plus Optional: one table and two chairs rental an additional $20 (limited number available).