13th Annual Kensington Day of the Book Festival * Sunday, April 22, 2018
A not for profit festival created by the community for the community
INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
DESCRIPTION: The Kensington Day of the Book Festival is an outdoor street festival held rain or shine. Howard Ave and parts of Armory Ave and Fawcett St in the Town of Kensington, MD, are closed and participants are set up on the street under canopies in a “meet and greet” format. Interspersed with the participants are program tents, live music, food court, and other festival highlights. In the past few years the festival has drawn 6000-8000 visitors.
PARTICIPANT GENERAL INFORMATION – PLEASE READ
- Payment must be received before registration is accepted.
- Participation is open to authors, book artists and illustrators, publishers, literary/arts related businesses. All others please refer to our Sponsor information.
- Registration deadline is March 31, 2018.
- Registration fee is non-refundable after March 1st, 2018, unless the festival is cancelled by the organizers. The festival is held rain or shine.
- Participants can bring their own 10 x 10 folding canopy (with weights). If not, they will be placed under a large canopy with other participants where individual spaces are approx 5 feet wide at the front, by 10 feet deep.
- Participants can bring their own folding table and chairs (maximum table width is 4 feet unless you are bringing your own canopy) or one table and two chairs are available to rent for an additional $20 (limited number available).
- Participants are responsible for selling their own books and for filing the appropriate sales tax.
- The festival begins at 11am and ends at 4pm. Participants must be set up by 11am and stay until 4pm.
- Information on set-up, parking, facilities, etc will be sent to all participants around two weeks before the festival.
- Festival Organizers and Town of Kensington officials reserve the right to reject or dismiss any set-up, display, or participant they decide is unsafe or inappropriate.
** Early Bird registration ends Feb 1st…Register early and save $10! **
□ AUTHOR, illustrator/book artist: $55 on or before February 1st, 2018, per space / $65 after February 1st
□ VENDOR (Publisher, literary/arts related business): $100
plus □ Optional: one table and two chairs rental an additional $20 (limited number available).
Download 2018 Kensington Day of the Book Festival registration form here
Questions? Email email@example.com
Elisenda, Liz, and the Festival Team