INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
DESCRIPTION: The Kensington Day of the Book Festival is an outdoor street festival. Participant tables line Howard Avenue for about 3 blocks in Old Town Kensington under canopies in a “meet and greet” format. Also along the street are program tents which include speakers, music, cooking demos, children’s entertainment, and poetry. A food court with 6-8 food trucks will provide food and seating, as well as other food venues along the street. Last year we estimated over 6,000 visitors attended.
PARTICIPANT GENERAL INFORMATION:
- Payment must be received before registration is accepted.
- Participation is open to authors, book artists and illustrators, publishers, literary groups, literary/arts businesses, and Kensington community organizations. All others please refer to our Sponsor information.
- Registration deadline is March 31, 2017.
- Registration fee is non-refundable unless the festival is cancelled by the organizers. The festival is held rain or shine.
- Participants can bring their own 10 x 10 folding canopy (with weights). If not, they will be placed under a large canopy with other participants where individual spaces are approx 5 feet wide at the front, by 10 feet deep.
- Participants can bring their own folding table and chairs (maximum table width of 4 feet unless you are bringing your own canopy) or one table and two chairs are available to rent for an additional $15 (limited number available).
- Authors and artists can share a table with other authors and artists. Initial registration fee for the first participant is required then $25 per extra participant thereafter.
- Participants sell their own books, art, or other materials and are responsible for collecting and filing the sales tax.
- Festival Organizers and Town of Kensington officials reserve the right to reject any set-up or display they decide is unsafe or inappropriate.
Early Bird registration ends Feb 10…Register now and save $10!
Please download and print the participant registration form here: 2017registrationform
Please mail completed form to:
Kensington Day of the Book Festival
3786 Howard Ave
Kensington MD 20895
Or email completed form to email@example.com with your name in the “subject”. (Don’t forget to include your photo!)
You should receive confirmation of your payment and registration within a few days of receipt.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Elisenda, Liz, and the Festival Team
12th Annual Kensington Day of the Book Festival
Sunday, April 23, 2017 www.dayofthebook.com
A not for profit festival created by the community for the community