Info for Participants

Dear Festival Participants:

March 15, 2020 – As some of you may have just heard, the CDC recommends not allowing any gatherings over 50 people for the next eight weeks. Unfortunately, this means the festival will have to be cancelled. A formal statement and refunds will be going out in the next few days. We have been working very hard for months, and had a great festival planned, so we’re feeling a bit sad. But also relieved to finally have a decision, even though it’s a difficult one, but these are difficult times. Please, everyone, be careful…and keep writing! Elisenda & the Festival Team

March 12, 2020 – We are monitoring the current virus situation closely. We are in contact with the Town of Kensington and, through them, Montgomery County and will follow their guidance.  As of right now, the festival will continue as planned. We’ve been told that at this time the festival is far enough away that there is a good chance it won’t be affected. So, we’re hopeful. We will be in touch if anything changes. Please email us anytime if you have any personal questions or concerns. Let’s hope for the best, not just for the festival but for everyone. Thank you for your patience. Elisenda & the Festival Team kensingtonbookfestival2020@gmail.com

March 12, 2020 – We are extending the refund date from March 17th to April 5th. We feel that everyone needs more time to monitor the situation and reach a decision that is comfortable for them. If the festival is cancelled everyone registered will receive a refund.